Baby Shower

My sister wants to cook a bunch of food well not alot but a reasonable amount but my s/o thinks finger foods would be better he also thinks that celebrating my bday that same day isn't a good idea but we think it is..mind you my bday is only 3dys after that. It's only going to be for 4hrs maybe up to 50ppl,i mean their bringing us gifts the least we could do is supply them with good food.. What do you ladies think?

Unique11

Asked by Unique11 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think let the people who are hosting it worry about it, perhaps they think people would feel obligated to bring a birthday gift as well as a shower gifr? I would say afternoon, finger foods, lunch time ,,have regular nice lunch, but I wouldn't "advertise" that it is a birthday party as well! Congrats on the new baby, boy or girl?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Finger foods.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 8:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I had my shower on my b-day! I just happened to be 3weeks before I was due and on the weekend. I did ask for any gifts for me just my baby. We did have real food though not just finger foods. Have fun!
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• either or....depends on what time it's at. If it's lunch or dinner time then definitely, if it's between meals, light finger foods would be perfect :)
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 8:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i would say finger foods only cause it's easy... but if your sister wants to do that then let her.
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 9:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Ok, I don't mean to be sexist, but I think the planning should be left to the women. Women throw each other showers. Your sister will probably only ever get to give you one shower so if she wants to cook for 50 people then you should let her, thank her, and leave it at that. Yes, it's a lot of work, but I would do it for my sister in a heartbeat. I say let her plan it, either on her own or with you. Planning the shower is kind of a sister's right in my opinion. If I was trying to plan a shower for my sister and her DH was telling me what to, I would frankly be kind of annoyed.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Lol yea i am a lil annoyed with him...everything was her idea i agreed with her it's going to be at 1 and no i didn't announce or say anything about the or my bday.
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thank u all...
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2011