Is 15 months too young to eat watermelon?

I bought half a watermelon for my son, and I completely forgot exactly how many seeds they have in them. I'm trying to pick them all out, but there are so many of the little white ones. Will it hurt him if he eats them? I've heard of seeds being a choking hazard, but I really don't think he could choke on those.

iluvpink0701

Asked by iluvpink0701 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• oh i dont think you need to worry. if your son is good with eating solids then he is absolutely fine with eating those tiny white seeds.

My daughter turned 1 on july4th... we had a really hot summer and i LOVE watermelons. and at her birthday party she ate so much of it. haha... she also ate some of those little white seeds and it didnt bother her at all.. i then found them in the diaper. lol
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It should be fine as long as he's not getting any of the black seeds. I started giving my kids watermelon when they were around a year old.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008