My son is getting sick.

When my 3 year old son goes to his dad's he eats a bunch of junk. My son isn't used to that because he eats a lot of organic foods, fruits, and vegetables. His dad won't listen to me. What should I do? My son will say his stomach will hurt and he gets bad constipation. What should I do to help my son? Obviously his dad won't do anything so I don't know what to do.

britthoch2010

Asked by britthoch2010 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Can you send your son with a bag of healthy snacks and tell his dad to use those first, before other snacks? I know you shouldn't have to do that, but that may be the only way to ensure he is getting his fruits/veggies/fiber.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• hmmm tough one your ex (I assume?) should be more understanding of your wish as it is better for your child! here's a bump 4 u...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I tried sending the food that he can eat twice and he never once gave anything to him.
    britthoch2010

Comment by britthoch2010 (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Your ex is obviously going to be a pain in the ass -- so all you can really do is just live with it -- until maybe one day the dad realizes it is his son he is harming with all the junk food. Until then, I would continue enforcing your regime of healthy food while he is with you and maybe you will instill those healthy-eating values in your DS. In the meantime, give him a good multi-vitamin and start using Miralax the day your son returns from dad's to get his BM's back on track. Miralax works so great and you can actually use it only as needed.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2011