HELP! MIL straight from hell.....

My MIL is the worst person ever..... I could go on & on & on..... with horror stories but basically she is a drug addicted alcoholic whore! She will sleep with any random guy its disgusting. She will do anything to get money for drugs or liquor. Almost like prostitution. It's horrid. The worst part about it is she has my man convinced he needs fly her to where we live and take care of her and buy her new clothes and get her hair done and all this other shit and if we don't she will die. Then she will cry and tell him how lonely she is....bla bla bla. She has 2 other sons that live in same city as her and a daughter why can't she bother them? And to top it off she plays her game with my man so when I say no he thinks I'm horrible person cuz she will tell him lies like how great she thinks I am or how pretty I am or how much she loves me...ugh makes me sick!!!! Any advice or comments please ladies! I am so fed up!!!

BSumm3rs

Asked by BSumm3rs at 8:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Been there, done that. I'm sorry, Hun. I never found a solution. I tried everything from being super nice, loving & "supportive" to her drug issues and dating issues. I tried babying her. I tried telling how it was. I tried telling my ex how was it. I tried supporting his decision of supporting her. I tried EVERTYING! NOTHING worked. I had to leave him. I couldn't take him putting his mother before our family. Not fair and he knew she had issues & was just using him. It was crap. She had two other daughters & two other son inlaws, but they never ever dealt with her. We had to. I left. I couldnt' take being a mommy's boy when she wasn't even a good mom! Good Luck to ya, Hun! ;) I wish you the best !
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Honestly the best thing you can do is tell ur man why you don't want to have her move in with y'all over to help her find a hospital to help her with her addiction, but tell him as long as the two of you are together she cannot be there unless she is drug and alcohol free and the only way you'll believe her is if she goes through a program...Offer (if you can afford) for y'all to help pay for any fees or other cost...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 8:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• When you marry someone, you marry their mother too. My mil was the psycho bit** from HELL and to be honest, she did a damn good job breaking up my marriage. Then after I got divorced, she died, go figure. Now the guy I'm going to marry, his mom died 8 years ago unfortunately-I heard she was a gem.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No matter how good or bad, its RARELY a good thing to move ANY family into your home.

Trust me, I speak from experience.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• HUGS FOR YOU
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 9:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have said rehab to my so before but since his mom refuses he thinks he can make her better all by himself. I am so fed up. She is wicked. She is just terrible. Even if she was clean and sober I still don't think I would want her around......
    BSumm3rs

Comment by BSumm3rs (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• how awful. maybe explain in broader terms what you think these types of people do, as opposed to putter her on the spot since they are family.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 9:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Tell you husband that if he goes through treatment for being a son of a drug abuser and an alcoholic and the therapist thinks it is ok to let your mom move in and live off you than you will go along with it. The problem is your husband is an enabler and she knows how to play him like a fiddle. The enablers are just as sick as the alcoholic. No therapist in the world would tell him it was a good idea for her to move in and live off you and it may give him a fresh look at the situation and how to help her.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• well maybe hold back the way you really feel about her because when she acts all nicey nice and you tell the truth hes automatically gonna be against you use some reverse3 phsycology on him and let him make the decision to not help her somehow or find something else to blame it on i hope this helps gl
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• The next option for your dear MIL is to get rehabitated. Find her an institution that will enhance, refresh, beautify, upgrade the anxiety she have, you can do these by simply pray first the assistance you will made for your MIL, then make a dialogue saying your love for her. You have been burdensome/affected what she has doin'. Always visit her with inspiring messages and hugs to be given to her. Let her feel that she is VIP to you...then everything will be changes.
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 8:39 PM on May. 4, 2011