My son keeps getting bullied at school and im very concerned?

hes shy gets good grades dresses like mamas lil man hes i n the band

wawamom

Asked by wawamom at 9:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• talk to the teacher and administration.. I dont know where u live but in Florida they have a bully Law.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You NEED to talk to the teacher, principal & guidance. If they won't help go to the super!!! If they don't take it seriously call your local news and report that... funny how things get done when they look irresponsible on the 6 pm news!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• yay
    wawamom

Comment by wawamom (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Poor guy I wish I knew something all I can say is for him to ignore or stand up to them that is the only way they will gain respect.
    Pray about it...I do. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I agree with Crafty26. *I* was bullied from 4th grade through my high school graduation. I'm now 30 and STILL wish my single, working father would have done more to protect me than tell me to "be a duck and let it roll off your back" or that garbage about sticks and stones.

This is your chance to be the Mamma Bear and protect your "baby".
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Call the school and set up a meeting letting them know who you want in said meeting. Principle, vice principle, guidance counsler , and possibly home room teacher. That way you can get every one in on what is going on. Your son should feel safe the dress the way he wants and be who he wants to be. Be proud of the young man you have and fight for him.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I hate bullies! Do da above. Get involved. N see about building up his self confidence. Those bullies can really tear it down.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Being in the band has nothing to do with being bullied. Dressing like Mama's little man - let him pick out his clothes if he isn't.

And yes, by all means - set up a meeting with his teachers, and principal.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My so n was attacked on 7th grade kill day,the first friday the 13th of the year,well i was all over that school,had 5 senoirs expelled for 2 weeks the 2nd week of school!This was before the bully laws.I even threatened the school with a law suit.Yeah they listened .I even got to address these boys and some of the parents about this.needless to say they knew me from then on.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• talk to his teachers and principal, and get him into counseling asap.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:07 PM on May. 4, 2011