Ok my fiance is a marine that's been gone for over three months! :(

I'm so lonely & I'm not dealing with it right! I just don't know what to do, I just can't stop eating! I tried suckers, gym, getting out, but I just can't stop! I've just gained so much weight that's made things even worse! I know a push-up ect. would be alot better also, but I just don't have the energy anymore either! :( Has anyone been lost like this & can help, PLEASE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah, my hubby used to be gone for 3-4 months or longer in the Air Force. I made friends, went out, read books, volunteered.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Stay active. My husband was gone a year, would go for months without a phone call, so I just kept myself busy. WOrked out, worked, had friends over to keep me company. It went quick but it was still hard.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• yes, my husband (before we got married, but during my pregnancy) was deployed for 15 months. in the beginning of his deployment, i had a job so that definitely helped get my mind off the loneliness. i also had a 2 year old daughter and the current pregnancy to focus on. it was hard.. really hard.. but it's been 3 years and honestly that time feels so distant and far away. send him emails when you're lonely, just let him know how you're feeling. skype with him as much as possible. send him care packages frequently. go to the library and pick out a new stack of books or if you're into cooking practice some new recipes.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Based on what you say you might be depressed. Try getting together with other wives. If it doesn't smooth out talk to a counselor.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 10:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Went through this before we were married. I was also suffering from depression but noticed that if I stayed busy at work and with school and focused on the moment and not the moments in the past, it was easier. Maybe you can set-up a time to chat online or regular phone calls & try to find a hobby or sport or activity that you enjoy that doesn't involve down-time for excess snacking. Also drink more water because then you will feel more full without wanting to eat.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2011