Does your kids like church?

yummysmummy

Asked by yummysmummy at 9:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My children are 25 - 8 They all have loved to go to Church. Our Daughter ( oldest) Did always go for about three years because of going to school full time and having to work full time. As soon as she finished with her degree and landed a job she goes with us every Sunday. She needs help with the her own little ones. 2yo and 8 months. Her oldest loves to go can't wait says church? church? pray? then does his version of the sign of cross. Now can he sit still all through Mass? No, one of us has to take him out and hold him in the gathering area as we listen to Mass. He is getting better can sit there longer looking at his children's prayer book. Our OS on the other can't always make it to Church as he is a Firefighter/Paramedic so he has to do 24's at the Station.The two middle boys alter serve which they love to do. The youngest loves to say all the prayers, responses and follows the readings, plus sings the songs.
    daps

Answer by daps at 6:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my oldest hates it, but she didn't grow up going. My middle DD will go, but I can't say that she actually pays attention any my youngest a son is an Alter Server and loves going to church. Sings songs from church, ect. Friends have told me he's going to become a priest.
    Oh, kids age ages 17, 12 & 10
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I liked it as a smaller kid- the singing and projects and whatnot

as I go older...not so much and less and less the older I got
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• She does actually. They make church more fun these days than when I was a kid. I think I just hated church though.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Mine does, but since he started going to a private school in the last couple years he tells me the other day, ok i know all about god now. So now he thinks he can sleep in on sundays lol.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No, I'm worried that my kid is the anti-christ. She screams bloody murder when we go, which isn't very often.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My kids adore going to church. Sunday mornings, choir, AWANA club, MOPS... doesn't matter.

It could be because my husband and I enjoy going to church - our attitude is excitement to go, and disappointment to miss. Kids pick up on that.

It could because they have so many friends at church.

It could be the fun songs, excited and caring leaders and genuine desire to learn about God.

It could be the gestalt of all of these!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• my son loves it! he loves going to his classes, and he actually loves going to 'big church' with all the trimmings.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Not particularly, no.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• nope.
    They are 1 and 2 years old. They don't/can't sit still, don't like to be quiet and would rather be playing with the toys in the church basement. We take them anyway because we believe in the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist and want our children to have communion. They will never learn how to behave in church if we don't take them. It's a phase and is sucks...my friends three year old used to be a terror when she was two, now shes can sit for most of the Liturgy. She gives me hope for my kids..haha.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 9:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011