What's your worst breakup story?

Give up the details!

MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Asked by MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S at 5:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I dated a guy shortly after my divorce a friend of a friend. He called me up told me he loved me and we had a very short but intense relationship. He spoke of marriage all the time and building houses for us etc. He had invited me to a family bday party for his nephew and I was to meet his sibs and mother. I had already met his dad. The party was on a sunday and the friday before we were together and he just got all weird and I asked if he still loved me and he said he thought he was but some times he was not sure. I asked if he still wanted me at the party and he gave me a strange look but no answer. He said he would call me the next day and all would be fine...I never heard from him again. I was so in love with this man it took about two years to recover...I will never know what happened. He has a piece of me I will never get back and that sucks.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 6:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My serious highschool boyfriend broke up me over the phone. We were together for a little over a year. He balled and went on and on about how it was so hard for him to do. He had always made it clear that he wouldn't get married and that we didn't have a future past hs, which I was okay with. But, less than a year after he broke up with me the cowards way he married some chick he worked at a pizza shop with. She was older and has a baby with some other guy. Some people claimed that she looked a lot like me. Oh well, it stung. But it was sweet when she left him for her baby's daddy and he became a divorced man (or maybe it was annulled, I don't think it lasted for more than a year) before the age of 20.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 6:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• When I was a teenager, very early teenager, I had a boyfriend break up with me over the phone. But then again, I broke up with someone over the phone when I was around 19 y/o. But he was going to school in a different state and it was going to be months before I saw him again, physically (I'm making excuses why I was not wrong in that ... hee hee)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I dated a guy when I was in high school I was 17 and he was 20. We dated for 2 years. He was the love of my life! I was a virgin and I was scared to death that he would dump me if I slept with him because my mom always told me that "guys are after one thing and when they get what they want, they will dump you". He broke up with me because I WOULDN'T sleep with him. He started dating the older sister of one of my friends. Word got back to me about it. His new GF was known as the town slut. I was devastated! I slept with the next guy I dated because I didn't want another guy to dump me because of sex! A month or two later the ex bf walked in on me and the new bf! He said "So you'll sleep with himbut not with me. I guess you didn't love me after all!" That was the last time I saw him until 12 years later. I looked him up.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I broke up with a guy on Christmas one year (we were 15). He never knew why I did it, but it was for one of the stupidest reasons I've ever heard of but I broke that boys heart terribly that day and I've wondered if he thinks about how cruel I was all those years ago every Christmas. I sure hope not, he was as good guy and it really was stupid but seemed like the right thing at the time.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Oh, boy...not sure which one to share. Lets see when I 20 and was 5 months prego with my son. I found my son's dad cheating. We argued and we drove to the coast and he told me to get off. We both got off and he said he was going to push me off the cliff. We were at the edge and I said DO IT and laughed. I was so mad and fired up and was going to leave him. I was a bit crazy back then. Well he didn't cuz i'm still here.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• umm I was 19 and woke up in the hospital I was 4 months preg and he did 5 years ,,,go fig....thank god after he got out he did not want to go down that road again and left me alone he does not pay child support but so worth it to keep him away

Anonymous

• I was engaged and living with a guy in Iowa. I just didn't feel like we were meant to be and I knew we would end up getting divorced but I was too far in. The wedding was planned, everything was paid for....that whole bit. But 2 months before the wedding I just left. I moved back home to Oklahoma and left him and everything behind. Being the leaver is not always easy either. I questioned my choice for several months...eventually I got over it and so did he. Now we're both married to other people and we have children. I have no doubt I made the right choice but it wasn't an easy one to make. Breaking hearts is not something I find fun.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The love of my life is in the military and after waiting for him during a 6 month deployment he got orders to move away from me ONE WEEK BEFORE HE CAME HOME! Circumstance what they are: my job, my kid, etc., I couldn't move with him and of course he couldn't stay. So even though he had 4 more months here in my town, we called it quits becasue saying goodbye over and over would be too hard.

We got along great, never had a fight, and as my son says "had the perfect relationship."  Giving him up, my mama's, was the most diffucult thing I ever had to do.

Oh I was married/divorced 2x before I met him and the men we lazy, abusive, abusers and druggies.  Really made me appreciate him!

TS-Mom5

Answer by TS-Mom5 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2008