Should i be worried?

I took my son with me to get the mail today, and the neighbor across the stress who is fairly old saw us. He shouted across the road while walking towards us "hey let me see the little guy". My DS 2 years old was a little scared and clung to my leg lol. The elderly gentlemen was like " come her let me hold you" and i didn't say no, but partically because i knew my son wouldnt go to him lol. I know its more common for elderly people to be friendly and all that but should i be worried, or do you think he was just being friendly. He mentioned how he had a great grandson around his age, so maybe he just likes children? What are your thoughts mommys?

Xtina0828

Asked by Xtina0828 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, I dont think you should be worried about it.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Keep and eye but i think its pretty harmless. He probably just likes kids.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• How old is the guy? If you say he's like, 40 years old he sounds like a freak. If you say he's like, 60 years old, I'd say he's just an old dude that likes kids.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Oh gosh, i would say he's at least in his 70's!!
    Xtina0828

Comment by Xtina0828 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I agree if he's old old then yea its probably harmless just keep an open eye (which I'm sure you always do anyways). He probably is one of those older people who loves kids and misses his grandkids.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 9:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i think he just from s dig generation where neighbours were close and had his own kids and got gran kids and great gran kids he just see it as being friendly i'm not saying go leave your kids for him to baby sit but as long as your standing there i think its ok . i get loads of old people looking in my buggy or talking to my 2 year old

also he maybe just lonly dose not get to see his family much and wonted to talk to you and play with your son

most old people know the way to get someone to talk to them is comment nicly on there kid

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 9:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My DH is usually the over protective one, and i always tell him to lighten up but today it was weird lol. I wouldn't let anything happen to him, but to have the sudden rush of worry come over me was very unsettling!
    Xtina0828

Comment by Xtina0828 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think its harmless but I agree that i wouldnt go too far the other way and just send the little guy over. Lots of elderly people just love little cute kids to talk to.. Good looking out for your babys safety though.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2011