Feeling of bugs crawling on her??

My daughter is 22 months. Today she started complainging of a feeling like bugs crawling all over her body. She started screaming and crying saying "bugs" and grabbing her legs, feet, arms, hands, tummy and back. I called her pediatrician and she asked me tons of questions and nothing added up. She has no rash or bumbs and no other symptoms. The dr told me to give her benadryll and keep and eye on her. If it gets worse or happens again to take her to the ER. She calmed down finally and i got the benadryll in her. Its been a few hours and shes not screaming anymore but shes still grabbing parts of her body at times and looking at them saying "bugs?". Anyone have ANY idea what can be going on with her??

faithm127

Asked by faithm127 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Could it be numbness. Body parts going to sleep.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i thought about that...but is it possible it would happen all over her body? It lasted about 40min...
    faithm127

Comment by faithm127 (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Could be an allergy of some sort. Since the benedryl seemed to work that would be my first thought. But as your pedi said if it happens again take her in.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• hard to say. My daughter had something similar happen, she swore there were bugs in her leg, but her foot had fallen asleep.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:17 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Ive never heard of that!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I never heard of that either. Since the Benadryl helped, it's probably allergies.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:52 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Could be an allergy of some sort. Since the benedryl seemed to work that would be my first thought. But as your pedi said if it happens again take her in
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:57 AM on May. 9, 2011

• bump
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 3:06 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Hmmm..that's odd. You said it was for 40 min, so I don't know if it's just that her feet feel asleep. I would keep an eye on her and if it continues bring her in.
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:19 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I have no clue on this one but here's a bump
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 1:24 AM on May. 21, 2011