Walking the line at daycare but not at home!

16 mo old dd is VERY stubbron, when she wants something she is deteremined to get it one way or another. I spend A LOT of time re-directing her away from the trash can, away from trying to turn off the computer *it's up as high as it can go with this desk, she's learning how to climb* away from trying to knock the TV over.... Esp when she is tired, then she REALLY starts getting into stuff. Well when I picked up her from Daycare the other day she ran over to a table and started to take stuff off of it, her teacher looked at her and said "now you know you can't touch anything on that table" and dd WALKED AWAY!! I was floored! I just want her to come home with me one night and see what a little monster she turns into around 6pm! Does anyone else's kids do this? My mom has the same issues wit hher getting into stuff that I do, so I know it's not just me.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Lol, YES! my youngest is 15 months and literally the same way. she does not listen to me AT ALL. she's not in daycare, but whenever my mom or MIL come over all they have to do is say "no, no" in a calm but firm voice and she responds! im like WTH!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Ha! my son is EXACTLY the same way. Hes an angel at daycare, very polite and calm, attentive and he listens..at home Hes a completely different person! idk wat to do half the time. Maybe its the way we discipline? or that he knows he can get away with murder ( I live with his grandma!)
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Haha I'm SOOO Glad I'm not the only one! I have no idea what it is. DD has gotten to where she throws her food on the floor from her high chair. I have tried smacking her hands, I tell her no, I try to make her clean it up, but when she starts doing it I just take the tray away and tell her she is done. I asked at DC if she did this and she said she did it once, she lightly tapped her hand and said no and she's never done it again! I'm like you have got to be kidding me?? What do you do to this child? lol
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My DD is the same way. I asked the teacher if she ever does anything bad she was like Oh Nooo she is an angel!! I was like omg...she is like a little devil at home!! UGH
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My 15 month old dd is the same way. She doesn't listen to me and when I tell her no she smiles.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It is their way of pushing your buttons. Seriously, even my 10 year old still does it!

Kids tend to be more well behaved with someone they are not with *all the time* vs the parents who tell them what to do.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2011