So sick of going to court!

My sons bio dad and I are constantly in court and I am sick of it. The judge issued that I drop my son off an hr away but then I had the order amended due to not having a car or license. Also its not my fault he decided to move an hour away. So the judge switched the drop off location to where I live so I can get him to the drop off location. Sons bio dad wrote another motion trying to get drop off location to where he lives, the judge through out the motion and denied the motion (yay!)

I really honestly try to get along with bio dad for sake of my son but it's impossible. He only wants to see my son when its convenient for him. I hate how he claims I am in contempt when I show up at drop off location. So its not like I am making it hard for him to see our son. I do what I am supposed to, and he keeps filing contempts saying I don't let him see our son, the judge warns me even though I am not in contempt. I have my logs to prove it. But yet he is in contempt on so many different things and the judge does nothing. Why are the judges unfair?

ashleypalomba

Asked by ashleypalomba at 9:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• because they are BASTARDS with sorry lives. Sorry, I know exactly what you are going through. Keep records!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• it depends on the judge, and Im with ya i am sick of court too with everything going on in my life.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I just hate how the judges are unfair. He claims contempt that I am making it hard for him to see his child. And the judge yells at me but he is in contempt for not following a number of court orders and yet nothing is enforced upon him. I think its ridiculous how he gets away with everything.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• some Judges just dont care about our childrens safety and well being.My ex tried to get visitation to my child (whom he never spent time with other than to molest her) even tried to get joint custody althought HE IS NOT HER BIO DAD,not even step dad! Thank God for paternity tests,we demanded a test and the judge finally threw it out after 2 yrs of fighting,it was terrible and my little girl is scarred for life.Get an attorney,legal aid,someone to prove you are taking him to his visitation and then get his dad charged with contempt when he lies
    mum2flowers

Answer by mum2flowers at 10:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• The drop off location is the police station so every time when he doesn't show up I go into the police station, and an officer stamps my log book, so I have proof that I am there. It sickens me how unfair the judge is. Awhile back my sons bio dad asked for more time with our son so judge gave him over nights when my son was 3 and he was sleeping him on a couch. At that point at home he was still sleeping with bed rails because he tosses and turns a lot. A couch is not a safe place for a 3 yr old to sleep. I think if a child doesn't have their own room at non custodial parents house then why should they have to sleep there. I am an adult and I have problems sleeping on a couch. Its not comfy at all. Also my child cries, screams and throws up on the few times he goes with bio dad, now how is that the best interest for the child I just don't get that?
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Wow, did I post this???? Sounds very much like me. My ex has taken me to court 2 times to have me found in contempt (judge saw through it) but is in contempt himself about 10 different ways, how does that work?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Because he is in contempt for different things he has went against 10 court orders.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• because unfortunately a lot of it is more he said she said to a judge. I know sometimes you get lucky with a judge, sometimes you get screwed. My brother got screwed as did my aunt, I'm still waiting for my court papers to come in so I know the date, hopefully its soon.. but I have a temporary custody order in place for now.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• but just keep loggin the informations, get as much documentation and proof as you can and make sure the paperwork you get is notarized.
    xxhazeldovexx

• I am just taking him to court because they don't enforce that he abides by the court orders.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011