Who misses layaway?Got any good layaway stories?

layaway

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Shopping

• gordmans does layaway and so does kmart.those are the only two i use.I love gordmans.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 6:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• K-Mart is doing layaway again, incase you havnt seen the TV commercials.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• K-Mart still has lay away!!! Yeay K-Mart!!1 woo-hoo
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I used to do layaway's at Wal*Mart all the time. With three girls they like to dress pretty....but I have a beer budget for their champagne tastes. So here's what I did: I would go as soon as all the pretty dresses were put out for Easter or Christmas and put them on layaway. Best selection of sizes but full price ($34.00/each). Then the week AFTER the holiday, when they are all marked down to $4.00/each, I would pick up my $450.00 layaway, take it to the service desk and get a price adjustment on it!! I would literally walk out of the store after getting $300.00 back! I LOVED it!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• walmart.com has a new option like layway (not to mention the best prices if you are tight) they have a bill me later option where they will send you a bill a month later in the mail and you can pay them in installments.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Quote:I used to do layaway's at Wal*Mart all the time. With three girls they like to dress pretty....but I have a beer budget for their champagne tastes. So here's what I did: I would go as soon as all the pretty dresses were put out for Easter or Christmas and put them on layaway. Best selection of sizes but full price ($34.00/each). Then the week AFTER the holiday, when they are all marked down to $4.00/each, I would pick up my $450.00 layaway, take it to the service desk and get a price adjustment on it!! I would literally walk out of the store after getting $300.00 back! I LOVED it!

Thats great! But now I see why Walmart isn't doing layaway anymore :(
    Anonymous

• Sears has layaway now too! Imagine that
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Beware of the Kmart layaway lines around Christmas time that begin in mid-October and worsen right through Christmas Eve! They get so long you'll spend an average of 1 hour in line just to get to the counter and then longer for them to find your layaway among the thousands of other layaways even though they are labeled (sometimes someone will place them in the wrong spot).
    It's madness, I tell ya! Madness!! LOL

Actually, it's really worth it in order to pay a bit at a time over 8 weeks if you can't purchase it all at once.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:04 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• I just saw the Wal-Mart layaway price adjustment post above.
    Kmart rule is if you want a price adjustment then it has to be done within 7 days of your purchase when you bring in your receipt. This means that layaway price adjustments are done within 7 days of placing your items on layaway - not when you make your final payment.
    Just thought you should know. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:06 AM on Dec. 26, 2008

• K Mart layaway is terrible!
    They lost our lay away 3 times in one month!
    3 seperate layaways!
    i wont do it agian! - ever!
    CHRiSTiNEy85

Answer by CHRiSTiNEy85 at 3:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2009