Was the dr just flirting with my 2 year old daughter? I feel like the worlds worst mother

I wanted to punch him right square in the face!
I'm @ the neurologist for my son, and its only our 2nd time being there. So he starts saying how pretty my daughter is (which everyone always does) so I didn't think anything at first. Then he is spending all his attn on her. Totally not even looking at my son.
Then he touches her tutu and says "What a pretty skirt" So I think ok, maybe he is just friendly to her, or trying to see how my son will react maybe its a test to see his personality if he doesn't get attn does he act out.
So then he touches my daughters shoulder and keeps saying how pretty she is and pulls out his puppets and starts playing with her.
Made me sick, but why the hell didn't I say anything? Or do anything? Its like my rage froze me up, I wanted to take him out back and give him a message from my fist but instead I sat there like a dumbass and did and said nothing. Now I'm sick to my stomach and feeling like a shitty mom :(
I'm posting anon because I'm ashamed that I didn't take action and I should have

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Thats CREEPY as hell. call the police!! So he doesnt do that shit to another little girl!! imgaine what he would of done if u werent in the room. Makes me wanna vomit!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• He sounds like he was just being nice
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Let me get this straight, you think your son's neurologist is a pedafile and was making the moves on your daughter in front of you and your son? I think you're nuts. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• Wow, I'd be pretty uncomfortable about that too, but don't beat yourself up about it. Your daughter wasn't harmed at all, but when your gut is telling you that something isn't right, trust in those feelings. I would never go to that doctor ever again, that's for sure. And depending on the situation, I might even fill out a complaint of some sort.
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 9:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It would probably work best to report him rather than saying anything to him anyway. Just calm down and find out who you need to report him too.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm feeling very emotional about it. And I really don't ever want to go see him again. I have to talk to the ped. to see where else she can refer us to
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thats what I'm hoping but my mommy gut tells me he was being too friendly. And in all honesty I don't feel comfortable around him anymore. It was excessive. Not just a simple compliment then move on. I felt it was inappropriate on a professional and personal level. He didn't say anything inappropriate or touch her inappropriate either I just got that feeling that it was wrong and too much. And I'm not a freakishly protective parent that flips out when ppl just look at my kids and say how cute they are. I'm pretty laid back, but this hit a nerve
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yea i think maybe he was just being nice as well but if ypur not comfortable with him see if you can switch. Now a days you can never be too sure.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It's hard to stand up to those who are in a position of (seemingly) higher authority. Don't be hard on yourself. She is still safe and your parental alarm works. You will be motivated to make those who set it off, aware next time. It's okay to say something. Think about what you would say next time. You will be prepared. Don't go back to him. Go elsewhere.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• sometimes not what a person says but how it is said

i would trust your instincts
    does not sound like anything was really over any line, but trust your mom instincts, you somehow know this man was a creep

do not think there is anything to report
    but that does not mean you ignore your instincts

think back in your life...what happens when you ignored your inner voice
    i can say that in my past, i did not listen to THE voice, and later i regretted it

this time=listen to your heart and not your head, your head says all is well, but a mom has that voice for a reason=trust it!
    Anonymous