cereal

can u mix fruits or vegetables with cereal? and how much milk do you put in it? Do u just try to get to a consistency like baby food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We don't do plain cereal. We did for about 4 days, then starting mixing it with baby foods to make it a little thicker. My daughter wasn't real big on cereal or on the thin 1st stage foods. You mix it to whatever consistency you like and the baby likes. They do recommend mixing it really thin to start and then thickening it up so baby can get used to it though.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I'm not sure, but I think this is how you're supposed to introduce them. I haven't gotten there yet, so I'll be watching what other moms say!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I put applesauce in my son's cereal. You can add whatever you like to it. Make it to the consistancy that your baby likes. Trial and error....lol I have found, though, that veggies are not liked with cereal. At least not my son.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 6:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My daughter won't eat plain rice cereal. I was mixing it with applesauce then I found apple flavored rice cereal....she loves it and it is much easier!!!
    Anonymous

• If you mix though, wait about 4 days between new foods. I cannot stress this enough. My MIL gave my nephew like 3 new foods in one day while was babysitting, he kept getting sick and rashy and had to go to the doctor and we never knew for sure what it was that caused it. However, she was giving prepackaged, not baby, food, so that may have had something to do with it. they recommend that to pinpoint potential allergens.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I only mixed fruit with cereatl. don't know why, but veggies just sounded odd.
    Anonymous

• I have mixed both veggies and fruit with the cereal--actually I added the cereal to the stage one foods because they were so thin and my DD preferred it thicker. I didn't add milk to the cereal when I added it though. Just get it to a consistency that you the baby likes.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2008