Tornados

Has a Tornado effected where you live?

annabelle092810

Asked by annabelle092810 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• About two weeks ago, a tornado touched down in my city, but we had no damage, thank god. I have never been so scared in my life. Me and my two kids got in the closet and started praying, and we got out of the closet about ten mintes later when the storm moved out of the area. But some folks in raleigh werent so lucky, some of them lost their homes and four children were killed in their home. I live in rocky mount, n.c. Im very thankful and sorrowful at the same tume.
    candygurl79

Answer by candygurl79 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• no but almost ......straight line winds have been making trees fall and a roof came off a house a couple miles away.... :/ I live in Arkansas and we have been under tornado watches practically EVERY day since last tuesday

raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 10:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• we are under a watch til 1am,I am sick of these storrms.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Not yet this year. But close by here though. We get alot of damage every summer though.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• nope, none in miami and luckily no hurricanes the past few years
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 9:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It's disrupted my life, many, many times! I lived near Chicago for the first 30 years of my life.. we had storms, but nothing like we have here in SE Missouri! Since last Tuesday, the sirens have gone off about 12 times! No touch downs near my house, but in neighboring towns! One went through my current town back in 2003. It was very strange because my oldest daughter was home, which she never was back then! So, both of my girls were home when it went through.. Thank the good Lord! It didn't damage our home, but did go over our house. It wiped out lots of homes and several businesses just blocks from our house. It made me afraid------> which I had NEVER been before of storms... WHY? Because I realized, I cannot protect my children and they cannot be with me at all times, especially times like that. Funny, because today was the only day the grandchildren were at daycare when the threat was on us. I was very scared!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• lots of times..i'm from OKLAHOMA! and i've lived the last 22 years in Arkansas.
    just today, a tornado came through as kids were being let out of school..er, a few minutes before, so they weren't actually out on time..and it did quite a bit of damage in the area. in fact, it damaged the PumpItUp building where we had ds's birthday party just last night.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Not every year, but yes, we've been affected by plenty of them. Just 2 examples: our wedding started late due to one, that also happened to wipe out the farm less than 1/4 mile from SIL's home; and a couple years ago one passed right over our house and touched down 1 block away and wiped out everything on that block, then pulled back up - it was witnessed & photographed by more than one person.
    Anonymous

• its been all around me where i am (ARK).
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No not at this time...I am so thankful too...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 11:33 AM on May. 3, 2011