Why are people so ANTI-Christ????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Religious Debate

• The Word of God says in John 15:18If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. It says in Matthew 10:22And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Personally, I hope the hates me until He comes, because I want His Love more than anything!!!

turtldov

Answer by turtldov at 2:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Agreed. I am a Christian and even I am not very fond of most other Christians...

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” Mahatma Gandhi

ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't think most people are really anti-Christ. Like the Ghandi quote above ^^ implies, many people respect Jesus' teachings without believing he was divine. He plays a role in many religions around the world. Some people have problems with some types of Christians, but not all. I used to be a Christian, and still care for and respect many of my Christian friends and family very much. There are several Christians that I'm getting to know here on CM too, and they're some of my favorite people to 'talk' to on here. Christianity is a very popular, very diverse religion, and many people are also former Christians, so you'll see a lot of questions about it. Only the few who had very bad experiences with Christianity or Christians are really negative about it, and often it's more about people's attitude as far as how people respond on CM. I find most of it is sincere questions about discrepancies or different interpretations.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i don't think they're so much anti-christ as they are anti-christian.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't think it's that people are so anti anything really... It's more of a matter of being anti (don't shove your beliefs down my throat) situation that they are... really...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• There is a huge difference between not believing or agreeing with Christianity or the way Christians act and treat people (granted, not all of us deserve the negative reputation, but that doesn't change that there are many who perpetuate it through their un-Christlike actions towards non-Christians), and being ANTI- Christianity or anti-theist. One is merely not agreeing or seeing things the same way, the other is a stance of opposition. It's a very significant difference. So not everyone who is not Christian is anti-Christ, even though there are people out there who are....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Because people have their own minds abd can think for themselves. Thy shall not judge remember. We have our beliefs don't worry if they are the same as yours, what would it do to you?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• What do you mean by "Anti-Christ"? Aren't you confusing "Anti-Christ" with "disagreeing with Christianity"?

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm not anti-Christ. I just don't believe
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm anti-religion.  I don't need a religion and I don't want a god.   It's my life and I have the right to make the choices that will make me happy and I have no regrets.  

Why does that bother you so much?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2011