What is the best way to conceive a girl.

LoriMc1

Asked by LoriMc1 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Marry a man who carried the correct chromosome in great quantity in his sperm. It's a complete crap shoot. Some men just don't make certain chromosomes for boys or girls. That's why some women have all boys or all girls.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I really dont think there is a way or something you can do to conceive a girl. There are wives tail that you can try. But I really dont believe there is an exact method.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Well, I have 2 girls and a baby girl on the way. The only method I used was sex, lol. I don't think there really is a concrete method. Good luck to you though :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You can try the SHettle's method to up your chances. It is based on the science that male sperm swim faster, but female live longer so you time when you have sex with ovulation. We used it to help increase our odds of a boy the first time and girl the second and got what we wanted both times. It only ups the chances though it does not gurantee anything.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Read about the Shettles method and then do the exact opposite of what it says!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I was going to suggest the same thing aeneva said...track your cycle for a month or two to see when your ovulation day is and then have sex a couple days before ovulation, but not on the day you ovulate so that the male sperm "die off" and your girls are there waiting for your egg.

I have two girls and I'm pregnant with a third girl. I know for sure with my first daughter that I was a couple days before ovulation when we had the sex that got me pregnant. The last two I think the sex was right around my ovulation day, so who really knows!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Try to use this ovulation calendar tool http://www.ovulationcalendarsoftware.com/ to find perfect time to conceive a boy or a girl.

aromatikas

Answer by aromatikas at 6:05 AM on May. 2, 2011