How can I tell if somone is on heroin?

I am pretty sure that my baby daddy is using heroin. :@ I cant prove it, I asked him to take a drug test but he says he will come up positive for opiates because he has been taking Loratab for a hurting tooth. He swears up and down that he isnt... but he has had problems with it before we ever got together. And a few months ago he admitted to doing it (But said he was done for good after that) He came up clean on a drug test, so everything was fine to me. I have never hung out with heroin addicts, Ive never done it, I have no idea what the signs are or how somone acts on heroin... but I know he has been acting crazy, lying to me, small pupils (almost gone) scratching himself,unexplainable rashes on his arms and other parts of his body,  a lot of things.... any advice? Does anyone know what I should look out for? He is NOT going to be in our daughter's life if this is how he chooses to live.

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 10:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• How do his eyes look? That's usually a BIG clue...my neighbors daughter started using heroin and I pointed it out to my SO months before anyone even knew...The only reason the parents believed it is because they found a syringe in the garbage can.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• scratching himself, could mean he feels bugs on him that are not there
    small, tiny pupils, sounds like drugs to me

i do not know the signs, but after reading your thoughts of the signs, i would say with past history=he is using again

if you live with him=leave, or have him leave
    if you share time with a child and are not together, do not let him be alone with your child!!

call lawyer, try to get proof-if that means following him-do it,

heroin and parenting do NOT mix
    Anonymous

• No I do not live with him, we have been split for 2 years now, but we do parent together, he has our daughter half the week. (until now) Im not going to let her be with him. No heroin user is raising my child. Never ever ever
    Sherrae

Comment by Sherrae (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Small pupils,track marks trying to get away alot, itching, nodding out,stealing money,grumpy,angry . I lived with someone who was on it so I know I have watched many people die from that stuff you can message me anytime and I will try to help you out
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• What about calling your police station and asking for a welfare check, that you *think* he's doing heroine and possibly putting your daughter in jeopardy? You will remain anonymous, but you might also get the proof you need to revoke his visitation.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• What is a welfare check?
    Sherrae

Comment by Sherrae (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• A welfare check is where the police department will go to a house to check on the welfare of the people that live there. It is to see that everything is ok.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2011