I can see and talk to people others cant see

am i schizophrenic? i obviously need to get this checked out, and i have an apt date set.
i always ask, can you see him? and they say no.
it is very embarassing. how do you judge a person like that?
will i ever make it in the professional world?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Health

• why is it embarassing
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• are you thinking these people are dead people - like ghosts
    or are you thinking these people are real and they are not

2nd-does sound like schizophrenic, there are meds, but hard to get it rest, alos must continue to take, when the drugs do work, many go off thinking all is well, and of course it comes back

good luck, ex husband has a brother with it

blessing to you
    Anonymous

• Well u are either gifted and can see and talk to dead people or schitzo. I know a very christian lady who is like 73 who can see and talk to dead people. However, her ex husband is very schitzo. Are you paranoid like you think there are cameras behind your bathroom mirrors? Do you think that your father secretly works for the FBI and is following you? Do you think that people are plotting against you? That is schitzo.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It happens but it can be control with the proper medication.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Here is a very informative website you might want to read. You can send away for some information free of charge. 

G-Luck with you doctor's appointment.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I dont know because i am not a doctor but it sounds schizophrenic to me. You shouldn't be hearing or seeing anything other than reality.
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• At first when I saw the headline, I thought you were joking, but now I see maybe you're not. Schizophrenics do have hallucinations, but they are usually auditory hallucinations - hearing voices. Not usually seeing and hearing people. Do you hear people talking to each other or a voice that narrates your activities? Those are a couple of the hallmark symptoms unique to Schizophrenia. BUT, and this is a big BUT, you cannot diagnose yourself with a mental illness of this serious nature. You need to see a good Psychiatrist for an assessment. There could be other causes of hallucinations, and someone needs to get details about you and other aspects of your health and life. FYI - Schizophrenia is no joke. Devastating and life-altering illness where symptoms can improve with meds, but nothing cures it. To say that it is as simple as taking a pill is diminishing a serious psychiatric illness.
    DarlaHood

Answer by DarlaHood at 10:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• There are people out there who can communicate with the dead if that's what you're referring to. It's possible that you're one of the few that are gifted.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It sounds to me like you can see and converse with the dead. In my religious path it's considered a rare gift.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• they're not dead, at least they don't look or act like it and i have no idea who they are.
    im not paranoid really about FBI and cameras, but concerned.
    my uncle is schizophrenic and pills helped him but i wonder how much. we'll see
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2011