How do you get a hold of your cravings??

Today I was craving chocolate like you wouldn't believe and I held off but then I just needed something so I ate 6 yes I said 6 pieces of toast with butter, sugar and cinnamon!! I should have just went out and got some chocolate probably would have saved me some calories!!

jnb71584

Asked by jnb71584 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i always have packs of delicious fruity gum in my purse, at home, in the car so when i have cravings i just pop a stick of gum and i also drink a glass of water to make me feel full.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't let them reach the point I'm dying if I don't get what I'm craving. I have a little, get rid of the craving, and move on.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Depends - a good trick is let him hold the chocolate and feed it to me.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 10:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I let myself have a couple of M&Ms or a Hershey Kiss when the craving is that bad. Sometimes not keeping it in the house is good. I don't eat a lot of sugar (I eat clean), and after a couple of weeks, the sweets cravings went away. Now a bite or two is enough to satisfy my cravings without leaving me feeling like crap (which is how I feel if I eat too much sugar or other bad food). There's nothing wrong with giving in here and there without going overboard. By totally denying yourself what you want, you'll end up binging, like you did. Make a little wiggle room for the occasional treat, and you won't feel so deprived.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:05 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm afraid my way of handling cravings is often to give in. :(
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• If it's just chocolate you crave, treat yourself from time to time. Try to reach for the darker chocolates as they are lower in cal per serving and higher in antioxidants. I like the Trader Joe's 82% Dark Chocolate or Green and Blacks Dark 85% (it's rich and slightly fruity, great for letting melt in your mouth). Mmmm... might have to get me some chocolate now.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011