Ever had a bad haircut??? I feel like crying

I am a recent graduate from Empire and I have been doing hair for about 7 years prior to this as i started at Vo tech when I was 15.... I have been growing my hair back since last summer after my teacher insisted that I cut it off because it didnt suit my height LOL and I listened and cut it all off.... Finally got it to about 3 inches from my bra strap, today went to get a trim and the girl gave me a "shelf", I had one of the girls from work "fix it" and she thinned my hair out so much its just like string now... I feel like crying and on behalf of allll hait stylists i sincerely apologize for their work. I have had many girls tell me they like the way I cut their hair because I have respect for what they want.... PS, it was the Salon manager who cut my hair and thinks IIIIIIII dont know what I am doing.... Going to get it cut into a short bob tomorrow, again.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yes and that sucks!!!
    The only thing to do is to cut it off...boo!!
    Can you donate it to locks of love?
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Oh that is horrible! I'm not a stylist by any means, but I know what a shelf is. I wouldn't let her touch my hair ever again. I hope you like your next haircut.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 10:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yeah, i have been there on more than one occasion Its the worst feeling ever!!! BUT ...... It does grow back Thank God!!! good luck .
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't really get my hair cut often and when I do it's only a trim!! Sorry that happened to you!
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• yes once, way back in 10th grade. Some hair dresser gave me a very bad perm. ,the worst thing was she was a student. so she was practicing on people. And I didn't know that until the end.. I was so angry , She gave me very tight tiny curls, and cut my hair so short it was above my shoulders. I cried too. The next day I made an appointment with another hairdresser And asked her to take the curls out. She did. ; I had to wear my hair up in bretts. so it looked half way better.Which was okay because lots of people liked my hair in bretts anyways. I felt somewhat better too.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 11:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• yeah every time i go they always mess up... so i do it myself now... and i do a way better job.
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 11:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It sucks.
    It grows back.
    Instead of a bob, get something short you never thought you would. Maybe something punk. Now is your chance!
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 11:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• lynnlang, same here... I cant trust anyone, guess im going back to doing nothing to my hair and letting no one touch it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• OMG I am soo sorry. I have a crappy haircut right now that I hate (I'm in cos school) but I decided to pretty much chop it all off b/c a lot of my hair was pretty chemically damaged and I'd rather it be healthy. I cannot stand my hair cut though I do not feel cute at all :(
    catsmeow616

Answer by catsmeow616 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i had my friend give me a horrible haircut once. it was BAD!
    i basically dealt with it by using lots of bobby pins to twist the hair in little sections and pin it up like that
    it turned out very cute if i just put cute clips in it to make it look like a pixie cut, short but sweet.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 7:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011