Finding out that according to the government you were a teen pregnancy and my son's existence is apparently bad

Sorry it's a little bit of a vent but I had to get this out.
I'm not sure how I feel about that but I guess I just assumed that 19 year old adults weren't counted. How do you think you'd feel if you found out that there was a national campaign to prevent your pregnancy? I think I just feel weird about it for now.
I wouldn't have even thought about it if the school paper at my college hadn't done a whole multi page piece on how stupid it is that these Utah women for not knowing how to prevent pregnancy as adults and how we need more education(If you walk into the health center the pamphlets are right on the wall and there's a large bucket of condoms I'm confused as to how that isn't enough education) because no one in there right mind would have a baby on purpose before 25. And I guess the worst part was that the article said that even if your married it's a stupid idea.

I don't see the big deal with choosing or even having an oops pregnancy as a married 18 or 19 year old ? Do you think that the government should be spending money to try and deter legal adults from having babies if they want to?
Sorry I wouldn't be so touchy about this if my age wasn't a big reason why we can't get help with our infertility,because your young and have all the time in the world.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 10:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Even if you hate the post thank you for at least letting me get it out. Sometimes I think the school paper would have been better off staying a tree.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I gave birth to BOTH of my kids before I was 25. I was 22.5 when my son was born and almost 26 when my daughter was born. I think that article is WRONG!
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I was 24 when I had my son. And I do agree that there needs to be MORE education about sex, pregnancy and STD prevention.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Like I said the education is right there you just have to read it.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think that there should be more education in the schools. Abstinence only is not effective and that seems to be the only thing they teach in the schools around here.

My Doctor's office has a whole wall full of pamphlets and flyers of information ranging from lice to STD's. I read none of it. Same with the packets of information I get at my kids' well child exams. I'll leaf through that stuff but that's about it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• gee, IDK bout that... I am 25 and I have 3 wonderful kids and am working on number 4. Am I wrong to want me time when the kids are grown? I mean, I didn't want to spend it in diapers or a nursing home.... just saying.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2011