I took Sudafed Pe. Is my baby in danger?

Danielle875

Asked by Danielle875 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not if you only took it this once. Sudafed is okay by itself, but Sudafed PE has phenylephrine in it, and phenylephrine is a no-no during pregnancy. Just make sure you don't take it again and try to get regular Sudafed next time =] I take the 12-hour one every once in awhile.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• If you're pregnant, you should really call your OB and ask what's ok before you take it. Especially before the 3rd trimester, because the first 2 trimesters are really critical
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Ask your doc. It's probably ok (just don't do it again if you're not sure!), but your doctor might want to check to be sure!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• That's funny cause they always give me stuff about pregnancy and also a paper with a list of stuff that you are allowed to take and are not allowed. They also list stuff ur allowed to take before so many months and all the way up to 9mths. My obgyn gave me this stuff
    Anonymous

• If you are pregnant, you should really be calling your OB/GYN about this. Most good ones have an all night call service that either they or the nurse will return calls from.
    happymom612

Answer by happymom612 at 7:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2008