Does anyone else see a problem here ?

I just need to vent this out, because I have no idea on what else to do right now.

My oldest son recently married a woman who has 2 kids ( by 2 other men) , she is also very pregnant with my sons child. My son and the rest of my family have completely stepped up and accepted ( and are pretty much raising) her other children. I call them my grandkids, and they call me mamaw.

My daughter watches her kids while she works, AND while she doesnt work. She works 2 or 3 days a week but my daughter watches them for 5 days ( not paid unless my son gives her money) , after they leave my daughters they come here and stay or if my son has the night off ( he works 3rd shift) he will "keep them" .

So i am really ticked off, especially after her actions in this last week alone.

1. my son worked from 11pm to 7am , he got home and took her oldest to preschool, the youngest to my daughters, and then he went to the laundry mat to wash clothes for 4 hours ( she has refused to wash clothes for the last month, even though she has been off of work) , after that my son brought both kids here and made us all dinner because she wanted the house alone so she could "rest" ... of course that is exactly what she did all day... my son fell asleep on my couch for about an hour and then went back to work.

2. He has fallen asleep and has run off the road twice because of this schedule ... I have seen the text messages of him telling her he needs some sleep and if she " will please watch the kids" and she will reply with mean things , sometimes even going off and telling him he isnt the real dad of the kids and she will make sure he cant see them anymore ( which is why he wont leave her because he has became attached to the kids, he is afraid he wont have them anymore)

3. The thing that bothers me the most now is..... when the newest baby comes she is saying she isnt going back to work BUT she expects my son to still pay for a babysitter.

why in the world would a stay at home mom need a babysitter everyday ?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• ALSO... if we say something to her about her attitude, she goes off and tells us we will never see any of the kids anymore ( which i guess is why we are all trying ot stick it out ) ....I dont know how much more we can handle !!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• IDK either I was a nanny for a SAHM and she got a AuPair because she needed 24hr nanny. HAha lazy people
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• She is a total bitch. I would leave her and file for custody.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• He should let her go... If she's this bad now, it's going to be worse the longer it goes on. If he thinks he can't leave her then he needs to go have papers drawn up for joint custody, or whatever he thinks best for his biological child once he or she is born. Get his ducks in a row before the child is born. I know he loves the other two children, but if they have a bio father, he needs to be contacted, of course only if he's an active parent with their best interests at heart. He can stay with her, but have the custody in his back pocket, it's just mainly to cover his a$$...For lack of a better term....
    If talking to her isn't going to work, then he needs to take action for his child.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You and your son need to lock yourselves in a room with her and tell her how it is!! Where can she realy go? I'd be furious! That lazy piece of crap is using all of you and you cant let her continue, it will get worse when the new baby comes. And if it comes to it, I would also keep track of everything you do for her, and all of the things she is doing wrong, saying, etc for the day that comes when your son seeks custody of the new baby....sad to say, but I would not let a low life woman like that rule my life, and pretend to be a mom..... She is using the other kids as bate....very immature... you need to speak up, your poor son should not have to deal with trash like that.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yea you know what? As soon as you play into her games, she wins. I know you are attached to those kids, but what in the hell is she going to do when all her free babysitters refuse? Tell your son to come home from work and sleep at your house. I understand he loves those kids, but at some point he's got to man up and quit letting her dictate his life.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i wouod stand my ground and dont let her take advantage of you
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I am a SAHM to our 3 children and sometimes I wish I could make an income. My children will go to my parents, sometimes they invite the kids over or if I ask if the kids can play there. Sometimes my mom knows I'll be "getting some rest" or just having me time. My kids are there to spend time with their grandparents.

What your dil is doing is VERY wrong. It's just plain lazy. I could see if she asked for your help once a week or here and there but everyday?? Nah, she is taking advantage of you.

I think she is using your son for a free ride. Just not sure why someone would NEVER want their childre around or can be so lazy!!!

I would call her bluff!! Do you seriously think she would keep her children away for more then a day or two? Heck no, she needs her ME TIME, ALL OF THE TIME.

Good Luck.

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• yeah that is a problem.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Ohhh, she would hate me after I told her a$$ off!! I would quickly shut her down!
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 28, 2011