Is anyone else not in the mood to decorate for X-mas?

I don't know why but I just cannot get myself to start decorating. It seems like I just keep putting it off. I know it's only December 3rd but I dread going up in the attic to get all the stuff down. How about you?

Jerseymom1228

Asked by Jerseymom1228 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yup me too....but for me Christmas is kinda depressing this year...Plus I'm pregnant and don't have any energy LOL! Usually I put it up about a week before Thanksgiving and have my whole house decked out before Dec 1st. But I just don't see the point this yr. Hubby is laid off so we're not doing Christmas, and asking everyone not to get us anything, because we can't get anyone anything either. So it took me until yesterday to get it out, and then all day yesterday and today just to put up the tree and string the lights....
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It's my baby's first Christmas and he is at an age to appreciate lights and colors, so I'm actually very excited to decorate. Though the idea of having to drag decor out of the attic doesn't sound very appealing. It might just be hard because it's so close to Thanksgiving and there's so much to do. Maybe you just need to think of some good reasons to motivate you to decorate? Good luck!
    little_kunoichi

Answer by little_kunoichi at 6:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I'm heavily pregnant. I think the only decorating I'll be doing is getting ready for my daughter's birth later this month xD I do kinda wish I could decorate for Christmas though. We don't have any money to buy a tree or decorations :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• You have a great excuse; you're preggo!!! Congratulations!!!! I just don't have the ambition to do it and it's not fair to my son because I know he loves it. I'll find the energy sometime this week to do it. I'm usually almost done with everything by now; shopping too.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Were not decorating for X-mas either. My Mom died this past March and this is the first X-mas without her and she was the Holiday. I'm just NOT in the mood. Neither is my Father. The kids (adults) could care less about the holiday either as they feel it's just Not X-mas without Grammie.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Sorry to hear about your grandmother. The year my father in law passed away we didn't decorate either.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Bah Humbug!

No seriously, I think I would be more apt to decorate more than just the tree I did this last weekend if I had all my Christmas stuff. My ex doesn't think I should have it since I am not in a stable home. LMAO he has moved 4 times in the almost 2 years I have been in this apartment. It's not so much that I don't want to replace those things but the fact that the girls' first ornaments are what I want and he won't let me have them.

That and money is tight this year, he hasn't paid a lick of CS because he "can't afford it" but he and his GF are going to Niagra Falls for Christmas vacation. WTF?!
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 6:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Sorry to hear about the family deaths, my best wishes go out to your families.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 6:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• oh i already decorated on november 30 (1st advent). Thats how my mothers always did it and still does and i love it. christmas is my favorite holiday and by tradition we set up the christmas tree on dec 24th (in the morning)... im counting the days!!! i will set it up on the 23rd this year though, because we have the family coming over at our house this year :D

im really sorry about your mom vbruno :( i totally understand that you are not in the mood for it. i couldnt imagine christmas without my mom either. :((( so sorry
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Vbruno; I'm so so sorry I said your grandmother; I meant to say your mom; I'm truly sorry for your loss
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2008