HAVE YOU EVER PUT HOT SAUCE IN YOUR CHILD MOUTH?

S hould food be illegal to punish with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Um..heck no. And Yes, it should be illegal.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• that is cruel and should be illegal...
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 11:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• OMG, I really pray you are just joking. Good GOD. I had hot sauce in my mouth when I was young, just tabasco. and NO should not be illegal. People are soo damn touchy these days
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• NO I don't abuse my children!

And it IS illegal to use hot sauce! We had a case on the news a few months back where a father went to prison for forcing his daughter to drink it because she was swearing... It's called child abuse and it is illegal!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• A drop of hot sauce seems a lot better than washing a kids' mouth out with soap.

I haven't sauced, but I have soaked my daughter's thumb in vinegar to try to get her to stop sucking it. Tried cayenne pepper, too. FTR, neither worked. Darn!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Hooray, an abusive hotsauce using vote down fairy is in the Hizzow.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would NEVER put anything into my kids mouths as a punishment/scare tactic. There is a mother that has 6 kids. She is all over the news for using hot sauce as a punishment and she got sentences to 7yrs in jail. It IS illegal to do that. That is child abuse!
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 11:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• So what about kids that like hot sauce, and they put it on their food and their parents let them. Wow, i'm the most abusive mom in the world considering my kids like the stuff
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Just Tabasco? Have you seen the acid burns that stuff causes to the inside of a child's mouth, throat and esophagus? Or the tissue damage it can cause in the stomach? Anyone who is willing to do that to a child, shouldn't have them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Putting hot sauce in a child's mouth can be considered abuse. And food should NEVER be used as punishment or reward.

Zakymommy: just because something was done to you as a child and you turned out ok, doesn't make it right or acceptable.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011