Has your teen ever told you that you are too old to wear something

So my son who is 15 told me today that I was told that I was too old to wear a short black skirt lol, I am not even 36 yet lol, has your teen ever told you that you were to old to wear something, do you think mini skirts have age limits lol? How would you react if your son told you that?

NJustine_Italia

Asked by NJustine_Italia at 11:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• No.. not really.. but then again, I don't think I ever dressed in something that would have embarrassed them! LOL! I guess you're too old to wear the skirt if YOU feel you are too old. When I was 32 I was in class with a bunch of 19-25 year olds. Our instructor was my age and always wore the little jean skirts. They made sooo much fun of her. And I thought she was so cute and petite.... Yikes! So, I guess we never know what others are saying about us, so make yourself happy!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I get harassed for wearing "Mom Jeans" by my daughter. They've never told me I was too old to wear something, but they have wanted me to change before we left the house because I looked hell-a-messed up from painting all day.
    I think at some point a son will realize the potential of his friends thinking something perverted about his mother and then he may ask her to look more like a mom and less like a sexual being. It's too keep from having to listen to a friend make a comment like, "you're mom's hot." Which for a young boy can be rather uncomfortable.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 12:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Ack " your" not" you're". I hate when I do that.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 12:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I haven't been told "I'm too old" to wear something but my teenage daughters will just say ummm no...if I ask for their opinion in the stores! LOL
    luvmykidz037

Answer by luvmykidz037 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No they tell me i should not dress for my age as i do not look my age of 52.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• No, not yet. LOL
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• No
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 9:26 PM on May. 10, 2011

• lol no
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 10:57 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm not sure how I would react. I wear a lot of long skirts so I don't think they really ever go out of style.
    malexander2009

Answer by malexander2009 at 9:28 PM on May. 27, 2011

• lol not yet but i would probably just laugh it off
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 10:04 PM on May. 31, 2011