I need your help mommies, I started power walking and i need good upbeat music. No offense to no one, but please no rap or metal. thanks.

gummybearmomma

Asked by gummybearmomma at 11:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• One of my favorite songs on my workout playlist is Mandisa's "Stronger"

I advise steering clear of Katrina & the Waves' "Walking on Sunshine". It seems like a great choice, until about the 3rd time it comes around. Then it sinks quickly to very annoying :-)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You need to pick music that you like, I can tell you country or rock but if you dont like it its not going to do you any good. Just download your favorite upbeat songs to an MP3 player and go from there
    angellove29115

Answer by angellove29115 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Well, I can tell ya what's on my iPod and I use:

Dynamite- Talo Cruz
    I Gotta Feeling- The Black Eyed Peas
    Rolling in the Deep- Adele
    Club Can't Handle Me Right Now

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• just give me songs anything that comes to mind. I just need ideas. I've got a few but now i'm drawing a blank. just need a little help.

M-avi, thanks i forgot about I gotta feeling.
    gummybearmomma

Comment by gummybearmomma (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• SALSA! Jenifer Lopez " Lets get loud" , Elvis Presparo "suavea mente" Earth wind and fire "sig a song.
    best of luck
    mamarod6

Answer by mamarod6 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• For my runs, I like Kesha, Black Eyed Peas, OneRepublic, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Fergie.... I know I have others I listen to. Those all keep my energy up and my legs going.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• workoutmusic.com has TON of ideas!
    It even goes as far as telling you about tempo/beats so it will match the speed u are wanting. lol..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Jazz, there an immense amount to choose from, ancient and modern
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I hate to run BUT, I have recently been pushed by my iPod to work power sprints into my walks. My kids love to blast my iPod dance to some of what's on there (their and mine songs) I've gotten so used to bopping around with them that I just can't NOT move to some of them. The choice - dance down the street or run. I've opted to run. LOL! Figure out what makes you want to start moving and go with it.

Some of what works for me: Forget You (or the other version. LOL!) by Cee Lo, Dynamite by Taio Cruz, All-Star by SmashMouth, Two Step by Dave Matthews Band, There and Back Again by Daughtry, Rolling in the Deep by Adele, Jump by Flo Rida (my kids love this stupid song thanks to the movie G-Force), If Today was Your Last Day by Nickelback, I like to Move it by Will.i.Am (Madagascar movie theme), Gernade by Bruno Mars, Firework by Katy Perry, most anything by Jason Mraz, Loser Like Me by the Glee Cast
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2011