Does any one know of a different all natural sleep aide other than melatonin?

My daughter is on three different meds for ADHD and a mood disorder. She is up to 9mg of Melatonin. Not working so well. I need somthing non prescription.

mamarod6

Asked by mamarod6 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• glass of warm milk before bed? A cup of Chamomile tea? The Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer tea helps me to relax as well.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Sleepy Time Tea or Valerian Root Tea, a few hours before bed! Both work well for us.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Wow that was fast! I have tried sleepy time tea...but she does not care for the taste :(
    mamarod6

Comment by mamarod6 (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Add some honey, a pinch of sugar, and creamer or milk to the tea. It really helps with the taste of the tea.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Try beta wave music. My kids fall asleep and stay that way when I play it.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Chamoile tea!
    MomofJJS

Answer by MomofJJS at 12:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Look for some soft night time relaxing music. It put my fairly insane niece to sleep in 20 minutes. My son is ADHD. He has to be in a room that's completely shut off from the rest of the house and that soft music to sleep. His brain is constantly turned on fast mode and he had to learn how to relax and shut everything out. May be that her meds are too high?
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 1:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I use Valerian root and passiflora extract. I get it at dollar general and health food stores. It is non addictive.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• thanks for all of you replys. The Dr just told me to increase the melatonin to 12 mg. I never thaught that her meds where too high.
    Her impulsiveness is off the hook. And the moods. Howevr I would be that wat is I didn't get much sleep.
    mamarod6

Comment by mamarod6 (original poster) at 12:25 AM on May. 1, 2011