my baby girl has just turned one, she still doesnt sleep though the night and i sometimes let her sleep with me...i know, my mistake..

i have tried to let her cry it out, but she can go on for hours, till she is making herself sick even.

aishasmamma

Asked by aishasmamma at 4:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes ..... cause thats what happen with my child . Shes only getting use to sleepin with you try singin her to sleep or readin her a story
    LadyKK

Answer by LadyKK at 4:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• what helps me is to "fill her up" before bed! give her a good snack or a warm glass of milk and honey! if that doesnt work, then i let her fall asleep in my bed - then pick her up and put her in her bed. i look at it as your child it only going to e that little once! charish it....let her go to bed with you! i love it!!
    Crystal_N

Answer by Crystal_N at 4:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Get into a good, relaxing routine with her. Maybe bath, snack, and snuggle/reading time. As soon as your routine is over, lay her down. Even if you go get her after a few minutes of crying, she will understand that when these things are done, its bedtime. Good luck! I'm going through almost the same thing with my (almost) 1 year old.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 4:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• i think i need more details to answer better. this is what i suggest... if you have a play pen. since she has gotten in the habit of sleeping with you, put it beside the bed, where she can see you if she wakes me and you are in easy reach. then after a while turn it against the bed in someway that you are "right there" but she cant see you... then after a while completely across the room and not near the bed. then on to another room.

also i believe that a routine every single night before bed gives a child security and comfort. so every night i would do the bath to relax her, then out on j&j bedtime bath, read a book or bible story together, if she still eats before bed eat, and then lay her down. try and put something like a vtech nature and soothe projection thing in with her and that will give her something to watch and it plays sleepy nature sounds... or turn on babytv night time show, or put on a classical music cd lightly.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 5:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Ok... you can try all different types of routines and everything but honestly i think that if your child is not ready then they aren't ready.My daughter is a year and a half and still sleeps with me.I love her being right next to me and feeling her cuddle up next to me when she wakes up in the middle of the night.
    Nikki0608

Answer by Nikki0608 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• my 17 mth old baby girl didn't sleep thru the night either at that age. My mom came to visit us and while she was here she told me to stop going in the room when she wakes up crying. IF she's still crying after 10 min, go in and give her her paci or blanket or just pat her on the bum and tell her its time for night night. It took 3 nights but it worked. She sleeps thur the night now.
    two.under.two

Answer by two.under.two at 12:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• i was having the same problem and my solution might not be the best but it's working out 4 me...i let her fall asleep in my bed and i let her sleep and hour or two until i know she's sound asleep, then i move her 2 her crib...hope this helps you!!
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 5:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2008