How do I get my DS to stop hitting and kicking?

My DS is almost 2 1/2 and he's been hitting and kicking. He has also been calling people stupid when he gets in trouble or gets mad. We put him in time out when he does and tell him it's not ok. If he is mad he needs to tell us with his words why he's mad.

At daycare today he was hitting and even kicked one of the infants. Then called the daycare owner stupid. He was in time out 5 times at daycare today.

What else can I do to get him to stop?

Texasgal99

Asked by Texasgal99 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You should have done something about it long before it got to this point. Grab his hand or leg to stop the hit or kick and tell him NO in a stern voice and put his little butt in time out for 2 1/2 minutes!
    Anonymous

• if you find something that works let me know my DD is one and is hitting people in the face and bitting and i have tried so many things that havent worked
    hopenalivia

Answer by hopenalivia at 8:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2008