I'm at witts end with this man....

lately he has to be the biggest jerk i know... and saying the most rudest and crul things lately.. i'm getting to the point where i just want out... over the years it's always been here and there crap but now it's everyday.. and i have to hear it from others that he's such a great man... no... they don't have to live with him they don't have to hear the crap he says to me.. i'm getting over it.

lynnlang

Asked by lynnlang at 11:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Have you tried counseling? It helps sometimes.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i have talked to him about it... but he thinks it's lame and not for him.. i think he just needs to grow up.
    lynnlang

Comment by lynnlang (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• sounds like verbal abuse. not good. The verbal beatdowns are bad to, emotionally and mentally. get out and build that self worth and self esteem back up before you feel you can't. make plans to .
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• weigh the possibilities out. could you live without him? can things be worked out? there is no sense living a lie. if you are not happy, you owe it to yourself to get out and make a better life for yourself. confront him with the possibility of splitting up, and judge his reaction. hope everything works out!
    LeahsMommy361

Answer by LeahsMommy361 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• no one should live in misery, you deserve to be happy like anyone else. You have told him that you feel there are problems in your relationship, if he doesnt feel it is something important enough to resolve why should you live in such a state of unhappiness. I was in a verbally and physically abusive relationship for 3 years before I got myself together but when I did I realized how much happier I was and only wished I'd done it sooner. You have to make a decision whose more important to you, him or yourself, because in these types of relationships it cant be both. If your choice is you and you decide to leave be sure to get yourself together financially and emotionally so you know you'll never have to come back.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 12:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Nobody deserves to live with that. If you can't take it anymore and he doesn't want to get help, there is nothing you can do but get out. If other people still tell you what a nice person he is then tell them, " Why don't you go live with him then?" Then they just might shut up.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2011