How do I get my DS to stop hitting and kicking?

My DS is almost 2 1/2 and he's been hitting and kicking. He has also been calling people stupid when he gets in trouble or gets mad. We put him in time out when he does and tell him it's not ok. If he is mad he needs to tell us with his words why he's mad.

At daycare today he was hitting and even kicked one of the infants. Then called the daycare owner stupid. He was in time out 5 times at daycare today.

What else can I do to get him to stop?

Texasgal99

Asked by Texasgal99 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• My son went through the hitting stuff. What I did was skip the whole time out bit and started telling him that if he could not be nice then he had to go play by himself. I would carry him kicking and screaming up to him room and tell him when he was calm and happy and ready to play nice I would come and get him. He eventually grew out of it. I still use that method of correction for tantrums. As far as the daycare goes they are doing all they can and just make sure they know you are doing all you can to. You will get through it!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2008