It Hurts So Bad

I have a sister that I have done a lot for. I have given her money, paid bills, taken her places, given advice, etc. She tells my mom nothing but lies about me, like I owe her money, I ruined her relationship with our dad etc. Well she sent an email about me to our mom and our mom responded to ME on accident. It said basically "well we know what a bitch she can be. Stick with her and you will be mud." It hurt me so bad. I reponded to her and just told her that she sent it to the wrong kid, to which she only replied "whoops." What do I do? I've confronted them and all they want to do is tear me down to the point of suicide!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• stop helping the ungrateful .... If mom thinks so HIGHLY of sis... then let mom do for HER DAUGHTER. cut yourself off. phone, emails, and house. dont answer the door . them tell them to go screw themselves.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Sometimes family can be toxic. Stay away from them and stop helping sis. She doesn't appreciate it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Walk away!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thats horrable, stay away.
    Anyone that aweful dosent deserve to have you in there life.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Sounds like you may have to accept them the way they are and keep your distance. It's not fair, and it won't be easy, but you can't allow yourself to be hurt again and again. Definitely stop doing favors for your sister and wait for your mom and sister to contact you first. They both should apologize...
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 12:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Cut all ties and don't help them out. They are very ungrateful and a couple of back stabbers they don't deserve you. Live your life and don't worry about them.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Let them sample life without you. I had to do this myself...it drove them nuts. You can only be a doormat if you lay down on someones doorstep. Cut off that sister, she can only feel good about herself if she is stepping on you, feelings of inferiority do that to some people.

They aren't worth dying over....either.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 12:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Wow what a toxic relationship....you should just stay away from her...I know that it can be hard because that's your family but don't let her drag you down...get some distance....so sorry your going through that honey
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'd keep my distance. It sucks that family is acting like this toward you, but you don't deserve it. Just keep away from them as much as possible.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Show them your the bigger person and stick to yourself, spouse, children, and friends...I let my 10year older brother borrow money I have never been paid back and havent spoke in 2years. Its unhealthy and unwanted stress to even have them in your life and always bringing you down.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2011