What should I do about swollen feet?

I really don't remember my feet ever being this swollen when I was pregnant with my daughter...it looks like I'm walking around on two loaves of bread! lol and ankles? What ankles?? or calves for that matter lol...it goes straight from thigh to foot! lol

Besides soaking my feet (which isnt working) what else can I do? It's becoming really uncomfortable....I'm 33 weeks pregnant if that matters at all....

thanx mama's

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• What are you soaking them in?? Warm water or heat will increase the swelling... so ice soaks are good, then elevate. Stay hydrated as well. you can try some compression stalkings, they worked great for me!! Best treatment for edema is RICE... Rest, Ice Compression, Elevation... so use it all and it will help!! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Drink more water
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• just try to keep ur feet elevated as much as u can! and stay off them as well! which i know it hard to do! my hubby would give me foot rubs! and let ur doc know to make sure everything is ok! good luck! i feel u pain! oh oh and buy a good pair of slippers! i lived in slippers for the last month! i even wore them to work! lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I had the bread loaves also...it can get painful and actually when I would walk up the stairs I could hear it sloshing around...gross....drinking water won't help unfortunately. I used to just elevate my feet above my head and wrap cool cloths around them. It only helps while they're actually elevated...once you stand on them, they fill back up. it sucks....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• by you being pregnant and beig on your feet alot your fluids are going straight to your fet try relaxing off your feet for a while
    Marie111348

Answer by Marie111348 at 12:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Drink lots of water and keep your feet elevated as much as you can. Worked for me! Hope it helps!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I had "cankles" for the last month of pregnancy. Had to stop wearing socks so my shoes would fit...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Put your feet up , don't walk as much, and try eating less salty foods, lots of water!
    crystle6929

Answer by crystle6929 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011