:( this kinda bums me out

i have -RH

i dont know very much about it but from what the doctor told me really made me sad and scared (i hate needles) and i have to have a shot (cant remember what its called) that kinda forces my body not to send antibodies to attack future pregnancies

does anyone know anything more on this?

i want experience i dont want you to tell me to research stuff because im already doing that thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i remember being tested for that when i lost my baby in 06. but i dont remember what its called lukily i didnt need it. i hope the best for you i no how you feel after losing a baby.
    esmith1984

Answer by esmith1984 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• well im pregnant now....luckily my baby has the same blood as me this time, iv lost 5 because of this and i didnt even know before
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Generally after your first miscarriage they run the test. So sorry you've been through so much. This should solve future problems. Hugs...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Its called a rho gram shot. If you are RH- you will need it, to keep your blood from mixing with the baby's, incase the baby is RH+.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• thank you i was wondering what the name of the shot was i couldnt remember for the life of me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You're Rh negative... so am I. When you're Rh negative, if your baby is Rh positive your body may develop antibodies and if any amount of the baby's blood mixes with yours it may respond as if you are allergic to the baby and try to fight it off. The shot of Rhogam stops this from happening though and if the baby is also Rh negative then you have nothing to worry about. You typically get the Rhogam shot around 28 weeks and it's not that bad. Just don't look at the needle (which isn't big in the first place) if you have a problem with them. I'm having my second baby in three and a half weeks and everythings went smoothly with the Rhogam shot. I'm sure everything will be fine. Don't worry!! Good luck and congrats.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:23 AM on Apr. 28, 2011