Is the President Obama birth certificate issue overstated?

comfycouch

Asked by comfycouch at 12:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No. The only question I have is why would he wait 3 + years to prove he was born in the states. It is a legit question for someone running for president. You can't get a driver's license without a birth certificate so why can't the American people demand a birth certificate for the person that's going to run our country??? Definately not overstated. Very legit concern.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 1:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I don't think so. It was a legitimate curiousity and concern and the fact that it took him SOOO long to release it only made people even more doubtful about its existance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I completely agree. It was a legitimate concern and I don't understand why he wouldn't release it right away when the questions came out....still seems fishy to me even now. My dad also made a good point the other day. He said isn't it interesting that you don't ever hear anything from Obama's former school teachers or principals, neighbors, family friends etc? Thought that was odd too.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Not imo...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The initial issue? No. Dragging it out for 3 years and wasting all that time and money while dragging it out? Absolutely. This only became a big deal because he made it one.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The initial issue? No. Dragging it out for 3 years and wasting all that time and money while dragging it out? Absolutely. This only became a big deal because he made it one

He shouldn't have ever released it! He released the copy that he was LEGALLY supposed to release . He never should have addresses all of the crazies.You can't agrue with people like that. Even now people are still not happy with it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I totallly Agree. He's president and addressing the CRAZIES is USELESS. He addressed it 2 1/2 years ago. If he wasn't born in Hawaii, Hillary and McCain would have been all over it. then. He released the long verse because Donald Trump and the crazies were taking attention away from the REAL ISSUES! Personally, I wish he didnt. When you give crazy people what they want, it doesn't stop there. Now Donald Trump want this college transcripts. How sad for America!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:23 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yes

Anyone with half a brain knew he already proved it. There was never a question as to where he was born. People were just clinging to that great white hope...maybe they could over rule the MAJORITY that elected him...

Too bad for them

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yes. I thought the short form birth certificate and copies of both newspaper birth announcements printed within days of his birth (with hospital provided information) was sufficient proof. I saw those in 2008, so imo it's ridiculous that it's even still an issue.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Somewhat, but there are people who believe it, don't believe it or just don't care. I mean, why the hell couldn't he just show it when first asked for it and why is it so bad for someone to ask for it? Hillary asked for it first. She showed hers. They got McCains "real" birth certificate so why was it so hard for him to just show it? Anyway, it all became pointless when he was elected. We do have bigger fish to fry.
    While the Donald resurrected it the media has kept it going because they think it will help Obama. The media makes everything into a mountain.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2011