What can i do to help my ds use the toilet

my ds who is 4 will not go poop in the potty! i dont know what to do so all i want are hints and tips that might help.

colins_mom

Asked by colins_mom at 1:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I told my son to try to and down the cheerio i put in the toilet.  I worked for all 3 of mine.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 3:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• With my son I used the toilet seat cover that you put on the big potty. Then I found something he really liked (the bounce mania at out local civic center) and planned a reward for him. I took a baby bottle, a bag of marbles, and a crazy made up song and went to work being a cheerleader. I told him he'd get 1 marble when he told me he had to potty & nothing came out and 2 marbles when he told me he had to use the potty and was successful. When the bottle was full we'd go to Bounce Mania just the 2 of us (no baby brother to watch) I also sang the crazy made up song. By the time the bottle was full he was potting like a pro.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My brother Matt kind of helped me with mine. When I didn't have Matt though I would take mines to the potty every 1 to 2 hours but 3 after he ate something. After that he just kind of got into the groove. There might be something up with his digestive system or his immune system a friend of mine B.S. his 7 year has the same problem and his son's condition is actually heraditary he get's it from his dad so I would go and take him to the docter to get him checked out.
    riensmama

Answer by riensmama at 8:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011