How would you feel if you b/f is insecured about my bd?

I'm engage to my bf now and sometimes when my son from a previous relationship father calls r vs versa he always ask me what we talk about or what he called for? I feel i have to tell him everything and he fell to realize that my son is asking sometimes to speak to his daddy so what should I do? Everything else is kool in the relationship except that.....

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• If your son and his father are close, you need to allow them to still connect that way. If your bf feels insecure about it, tell him that is the relationship between your son and his father, not between you and your ex. Your son still loves him, even if you do not and you don't want your son to have to pay for it if your bf is feeling insecure. Tell your bf that you love him not your ex, but you love your son as well, and part of that is not wanting to hurt your son but restricting him from his father.
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 1:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• This could grow to be a real thorn in the relationship if it isnt addressed now. Sit down and talk to your fiance. Tell him that this other man is the father of your son....and not someone who is any threat to your relationship. He's going to have to get used to him calling if he plans on being around long term. As soon as he's confident that the baby's daddy is no threat to him, it shouldnt bother him any more. That being said, I would also talk to your sons father about keeping calls/convo related to the child and nothing else.
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 1:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• your BF does not take the place of a BIO father. Allow your son to continue his relationship with his dad. Tell BF you guys aren't together for a reason but u do share a child together. THATS ALL.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i agree with pinwheel sit him down and talk to him he has to understand your bd will be in your soons life regardless he can not stop that if he really love you he would understand
    Marie111348

Answer by Marie111348 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• explain to him that he is your past there is a reason you guys are not together....but you are attached to him because of your son and that there is nothing to worry about!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• he has to understand your son has a dad and you will have some interaction with his dad because of it. and he shouldn't interfere in that either. if he asks what you talk about tell him the truth, but also don't get into a subject off of your son between you and bd. he's an ex for a reason right.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011