How would you feel in a relationship of a 3yr difference?

I'm currently engaged to a man that is 25yrs old and I'm 28yrs. sometimes I think about the age thing but I guess it could just be my mind playing tricks on me. I guess b/c every relationship I been in the man was always older than me like between a yr and 5yrs older. Everything is good I just sometimes feel shame when people ask how old am i and there was a few times in the beginning of the relationship where i lied about my age to his people this cant be normal.

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• No one would think twice if it was the other way around! Its about emotional maturity, not chronological age!
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 1:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• If someone asks how old you are, respond with a smile and say, "Don't you know you should never ask a lady her age!?"

Age is rarely a factor in a relationship--life experience is far more important...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I agree with GoodyBrook, don't give it another thought. Love for the sake of LOVE, damn all the conventions and rules!
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 1:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• theres no need to lie as long as you are happy!!!! my husband and i are 14 years apart and people look at us like we r crazy when they ask his bday and my bday but idc bc we r happy and thats all that matters!!!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• age doesn't matter if you are happy. best wishes to you.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 2:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• that's not much of a difference at all if you love each other than it really shouldn't matter
    crystle6929

Answer by crystle6929 at 2:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Now that's an QUESTION for Demi Moore who married Kusner...she's got the face lift jobs to prove it too!   Three years...OMG.   Better to know and be sure he's not a cheater, likes hanging out drinking with the guys, loves porno on the internet, isn't all about controling you; like Tom Cruise.   Hopefully he has no hang ups concerning your age?   I married a guy 7 years younger than me.  I was 32 and he was 25.  It helped that I had a baby face and looked 25 when I was 32-  LOL!  Age isn't important, but LOVE IS!

csjoy1

Answer by csjoy1 at 5:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm married to a man who is three years younger than I am and it's no big deal.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It's just a number.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my husband and i are 2 years and 7 months apart (i'm older) and it's never been an issue it's only a number :)
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 4:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2011