Did a birthing ball work for you to get labor going?

last time i was checked i was 2cms and 70% effaced. been having lots of BH contractions for close to two weeks now (more within this week) i bought a birthing ball and for two days ive noticed a whole heck of a lot more pressure down below... im scheduled for an induction in a week! am i wasting my time with this ball? i also go on walks for about an average of an hour a day. sit, bounce, rock, and roll my hips about 3 hrs a day on the ball. so far nothings worked. sex is out of the question. and i dont want to ingest anything like castor oul or herbs or anything. any other experiences with the ball?

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• a nice long swim will get it moving
    Marie111348

Answer by Marie111348 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I had a birthing ball but I used it to sit on at home because I had lower back pain and used it to deal with contractions , it took my mind off the pain and helped me breathe
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Nope. I tried EVERYTHING. Then DH and i had sex at 6 am. went into labor at 8am and had her at 11:30am :P
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 2:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i was induced and one of the things i did when i just started having the crampy contractions before they got really bad, was sat on the ball for like an hour or two..i didnt feel anything when i was sitting on that..and when i got up to go walk the hospital halls, i got about ten feet down the hallway and my water broke..and then it was time for action after that..i plan to use the ball again..i loved it.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 2:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2011