Money, Husband

Do you ladies share your money with your husbands?

I mean like do you both pay bill or just one of you, do you have your own money that is only for you to spend on you how does the money work in the home? Then say if he was to ask you for a few bucks he doesnt even know if you have money on you or not would you give it to him or say you dont have it and would you want him to pay you back? Would if it was the other way around would he want you to pay him back does he have his own spending money?

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• All money goes into one account.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We share a "household" checking account for all joint bills: mortgage, gas, utilities, food, etc. But we each get our own yearly share of personal cash to do with what we want, no questions asked. (He spends his, I save mine!)

I'd hate to feel I had to ask "permission" before I bought something for myself...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We have a joint account...there is no such thing as his money or my money. I pay all the bills, do the grocery shopping, etc.
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 1:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• One account that we both use
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 1:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It's just one account. There is no his money, or my money. It's our money.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I dont have "my" money, hubby is the only one who works but he never says its "his" he says its ours
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We each have our own accounts. He has certain bills that he pays such as the mortgage payment while I have certain bills I am responsible for such as the utilities. We each are responsible for our own credit cards. What he has left over he spends as he wishes and what I have left over I spend as I wish. If there is something big we want or need we each pay part of it. This works for us because we are both responsible people who pay our bills first, put some away for savings and don't overspend on things we want.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Any money that comes into the house is OUR money. There is really no 'yours and mine'. My DH will tell me, though, that I have x amount to spend on myself, and to go get myself something I am wanting. He does this because I don't buy things for myself often, it's mostly for the kids or for him. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It is all our money that gets budgeted, then we each get pocket money each week that we could spend as we please. If more money is needed, we let the other person know. It's not so much controlling each other, as working with each other.
    If he asked me for some of my pocket money, and I had some, I would give it to him. As would he for me.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My hubs and I both work full time and we agreed before we got married that we would keep separate accounts. We each have certain bills that we are responsible for. If one of us is short on money the other will offer to pay a bill (if one is due) or give the other money. For major purchases we discuss it beforehand and then decide how it will be paid. Personally I like having my own account and my own money and not having to ask my hubs for money or explain why I need $ and what I spent it on. I also like not having to worry if he used the bank card that day or took money out and did not tell me and then try to make a purchase and not have enough $ in the account.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2011