4yo schedule for those that stay home? (sleeping/napping)

If your child stays home with you what is their schedule?
What time do they wake up, take a nap, go to bed?

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 1:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Thankfully for my children they will be homeschooled so no waking up at the crack of dawn. We recently took naps away from my 4 yr old son cause he was going to bed too late and instead he goes to bed earlier. Hes asleep by 8:30 and awake at 9:30 give or take. My 12 month old takes a couple naps a day and udually asleep by 10, shes not really on a schedual yet cause somtimes shes asleep at 9 just depends but shes always up at 9am.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I think that's totally up to you but in my case I have 2 that are in school and one that's not. She wakes up the same time the other 2 do, takes her nap from 12-2 no longer than 2 hours it makes it hard for them to go to sleep, and she goes to bed at the same time every body else does. Wake-up-7:30 am, nap-12-2, and bed-time-8 pm. Its what ever works with your schedule though. good luck.
    crystle6929

Answer by crystle6929 at 1:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• She wakes up at 8, takes her nap from 2-4 and goes to bed between 8:30 and 9....sometimes I worry that I'm letting her go to bed too late but it works for us =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Hmm...my daughter must be weird lol. She hasn't taken a nap since she was 2 lol. But we wake up around 7:30, no nap and then go to bed around 8-8:30
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It's best at 4 to start getting them on a schedule that will using when they begin school to help them transition easier.
    I used to be one of those parents who believed that kids need to set their own pace, but now that I'm older and babysitting my grandchildren...I think a schedule is far better. It helps the child know what to expect.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 1:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my oldest is four and a half and not old enough for kindergarten yet so she stays home with me and her younger sisters. anyway she wakes up between 7:30-8am every morning and naps (or has quiet time, depending on if she's tired) from about 1-3. she is in bed by 8 and falls asleep around 9pm.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thanks ladies :)
    Usually she gets up around 8:30... Nap 12:30-2:30....But for bedtime she doesnt fall asleep until after 10.. Last night I went to check AC temp at 11pm and she said from her bed "hi mom, what you doing?"... I couldnt believe she was still awake :(

I would love for us to be up at 7am-ish.. But *I* am the person who loves to sleep in.. so its hard getting out of bed before 8. lol

We are debating homeschooling, so im not worried about a school friendly sleeping schedule yet since she is a oct girl, she still has another year before we have to decide.
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Mine never napped past age 3.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My 4 yo doesn't nap. She wakes up at 7:30 or 8, has breakfast, enjoys some morning cartoons, playes with her toys, and goes to pre school at 12:15 MWF. On Thursday we go to the Library. Tuesday- lazy day at home. With the weather picking up we'll be going outside a lot more.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• plays**
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2011