Why does this make me so sad and worried? adult content

My 1st born son is almost 4 and a half yrs old and is an extremely good looking boy. I hate thinking about him growing up and some girl taking him away from me bc we are so close. Its so hard letting him grow up but my husband insist and I know its the best thing. I feal lucky to be able to homeschool him and my daughter as well once they get older bc my kids mean everything to me and I cant stand the thought of some else enjoying them for 8 hrs a day when im at home and want to be ther for them. Im just a little sad that hes growing up so quick and wonder if im the only one that feals this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It is normal to feel this way! I have 2 boys of my own but we cannot smother them. They need to live they're own lifes when they are grown. Just remember you will always be his mommy and nobody can take that away from you!

wearing crown

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel about children growing up too fast. My daughter is in third grade now and every year a few weeks before the end of the school year I get very sad. My friends think that I am crazy, but I can't help to think that with the end of every school year I'm getting closer to losing her. By that I mean, she'll leave for college and I won't see her every day. The way I try to make myself feel better is to just spend a lot of quality time with her and enjoy every moment I have with her.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• To a certain extent, it is normal, but I would caution you that you don't get so caught up in worrying about when that does happen, or the future, that you don't enjoy the "now", if that makes sense.

:-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Just enjoy them. And enjoy watching them grow and change and shape the people they will become. It is an amazing process. And it is hard to let them go. My oldest is 13 and I find myself saying "wow, he will likely leave at the end of 5 yrs. Wow." But I see that he will be ok and so will I. 5 yrs is long and it is short, so I am going to enjoy as much of it as possible.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Remember you get to controlling to were you don't let them go out and meet others then they might sneak out. You want to be the bff. So keep the trust. Let him go at some point, but have boundry lines.
    crystol1982

Answer by crystol1982 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Kids grow up and move away. That is life. You have many years to be with your son. don't worry about it now. Enjoy the present.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 12:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011