Would you have a baby even if your family didn't support your choice?

I had my first baby at 17 (yes I know young) she wasnt a planned baby but I wouldn't take the decision to keep her back for anything. Needless to say my family tried to talk me into abortion or adoption...said no to both. My DH and I were married a year after she was born and had our second baby a year and a half after that. With both kids we weren't financially stable (both college students) but we got by. Now that we are our of school and hubby got an amazing job that is very stable and can easily support us we want to have our third and final baby. I thought since we are stable ect that my family would be supportive of this one but they are not, they think I should be "being a kid". I am almost 21 (yes I know still young) but neither my hubby or I feel the want/need to "go out" We love being parents, and are very happily married. So my question is, would you have another child if no one was happy about your choice? I guess I just was hoping that for once in my life my family would back me...I would think they would prefer for me to be home being a good mother rather than out drinking but I guess they think I should be out partying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• My mom & dad dosen't want me to have a third but I will try eventually. Its not there life its yours.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 2:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• if it happens than yes it is not the baby's fault you got pregnant and i would do my best to love and care for that child the best way i could
    crystle6929

Answer by crystle6929 at 2:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• From what you've said, screw them. Are they taking care of your children?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• DH and I have never asked them for help, not even when we were in school. I have never needed financial help, a baby sitter ect...All I ask is their support. I would be THRILLED if they would just be excited about it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It's your life and if it makes you happy and you can afford it then do it.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 3:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• That's ridiculous... they should be happy for you, you are financially stable and don't depend on them for anything. I'm 21 (had first baby at 19) and would love to get pregnant with baby number 2, but we don't have the funds right now =( congratulations, they'll come around soon hopefully.
    hali23

Answer by hali23 at 3:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I had my 1st at 17 to, she is turning 12 this summer, and by the time I got to my 6th (5th living) I was getting a lot of grief and being told to abort and I should know better, I got the whole nine yards, but I told them if they didn't like it , they didn't have to be a part of my children or my life, we would be just fine without them, I don't see a child as a curse but a blessing and now knowing what I know ,I could never forgive myself had I aborted my DD's..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm sorry that you're going through this. Maybe try to see it from their perspective: they have had to watch their daughter, whom they wanted to have the world, be forced to grow up very very quickly and very young. Go sit down and have a serious talk, say that you know you have made your choices and are really happy with them. Tell them how much you love your life, how happy you are, how you feel that you are on the right path in life, ect, and ***how much their love and support means to you**** GL
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2011