Anyone experience crazy storms yesterday/tonight?

It's over now, but we just had one of the worst thunderstorms I've ever seen here in NC. I've also heard from family in TN that there has been quite a bit of damage done.

Anyone?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 2:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No damage here. but hubby left with his chain saw around 3 am and has yet to return. I imagine he's found quite a few neighbors that had trees down.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yes, I'm in ATL and we got a lot of rain and lightning. But fortunately, we didn't experience the major damage that others in the South have.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 7:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We're okay, just some nasty thunderstorms (Atlanta area), but my parents home and horse farm in Alabama sustained quite a bit of damage unfortunately. They haven't had power for over 24 hours. I feel so bad for all of those affected :-(
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• They are just getting to NC today. They wind is really blowing this morning.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We live in West TN and we're suppose to have some bad flooding the next couple of days...the storms didn't do a whole lot of damage where we live.
    BellasMom185

Answer by BellasMom185 at 6:52 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We had storms for a couple days, and they were pretty crazy at times. We're in middle TN, and we're okay. I've seen pictures of damage that friends or their neighbors had in other areas of Middle TN, but I think most places are okay. We had some tornadoes in areas near us, and flooding in some areas too.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No, I'm in Southeast Texas and it's all been skipping us. I did wake up to the horrible news of all the deaths in Alabama and Tennessee.
    I'd gladly take some of the rain if I could.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We got a lot of rain and high winds, and the tornado sirens went off over and over, but I don't think any tornadoes or damage happened anywhere around us, thank God. We're in N. Ga, by the way.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My DH is in law enforcement, and he put a chainsaw in his trunk last night when he went to work. He said there were trees down EVERYWHERE and they got a lot of calls from people panicking. Luckily, no one was injured and no homes were destroyed with the falling trees. We never get tornadoes here, but I made sure I was as prepared as I could be - ready to make a dash to a safe place in the house with the girls. I have a sister in AL (who is fine) and she said it was the most insane storm system she'd ever seen. Quite a bit of damage was done in her area.

I just read that over 215 people have been confirmed dead. :( It's terrible.
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I live in WI, and our storm season starts later than the southern states. But if we get anything like those storms were in for an interesting time.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011