Am I wrong..........

I have told my girls that the way you get pregnant is from kissing a boy on the lips, they are only 8, 7, and 3. Is that wrong of me to let them believe that for now?

crystle6929

Asked by crystle6929 at 2:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's one thing to sugar coat things and kind of glaze over the technical stuff so that a child can understand...it's a whole other thing to just outright lie...7 and 8 in my opinion are old enough to know where babies come from....you could have told the 3 yr old they come from special hugs or something....to me lying about it is way more harmful...what are you going to say when they find out from the kids in school what sex is and where babies come from? And if you think they are too young then Google the 2nd or 3rd graders ( I don't remember which) that were caught having oral sex in school....I really think you should tell them the truth on this one...of course make it child friendly but....yeah...I think you were wrong. Sorry
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I told my DD (almost 4) a simple way of where babies come from. Nothing graphic, just an age appropriate explanation. I wouldn't lie about it, and I am sure the older two know that wasn't true lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• that is silly. you should tell them the truth. you don't have to go into the graphic details but tell them. who knows;; maybe the 7 and 8 year old already knows and they are just testing you. you'd be surprised what kids that age talk about with their classmates. some of these kids already know about oral sex believe it or not.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I'm not saying lying to your child is okay or anything but this isn't hurting anyone. I wouldn't keep repeating it and trying to make them believe it but I also don't think you should just suddenly come out and say "Oh, mommy didn't tell the truth about how babies are made." and actually tell them. I think your daughters are still a bit young to know the truth and you don't want them to end up being too curious about that right now anyway. You'll know when to tell them the truth when the time is right.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My 7 year old thinks that you go to sleep and the girl gets pregnant. That is close enough to truth for now.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 3:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I think that you lied to them, and they may resent you for it. How can they trust you if you cant even tell them e truth about imortant things!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2011