I dont like my kids to go out front by them selves?

I am depriving my kids cause I don't like them to go out front to play, I make them go in the back yard or they cant go outside

crystle6929

Asked by crystle6929 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Are you afraid something bad will happen to them if they go out front to play? If so, do other people feel you are being irrational with those fears?
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 2:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• How old are they? My son is 8 and can go out front, but my 5, 4 and 1 year old play in back until 6-7!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I started letting my kids go play out front when they were around 6-7, and my 2 older ones are always together. Now they are 9 and 11 and all over the neighborhood with the other kids from around here. I try not to worry too much!

Answer by missanc at 8:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My kids don't go outside alone at all, except for my oldest, who is allowed to walk down to the mail box, which is not near the street at all- it's a community lock box type thing. But that's a go straight there, come straight back kind of deal. They do not play outside alone at all.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2011