When did your braxton hicks contractions stop, and the real ones begin?

is there a "break" you get inbetween the two? or did your bh contractions lead into the real deal eventually?

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 2:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I also want to know...didn't mean to get you excited for finally getting a answer.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 3:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I started getting bh around months they came and went the rest of my pregnancy. My Dr told me as long as they didn't get to close it was ok. I never felt them at all til the real thing came
    youngmoma07

Answer by youngmoma07 at 3:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Im sorry i meant to put i started getting bh around 5months and the real thing came 2weeks before my due date
    youngmoma07

Answer by youngmoma07 at 4:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I started getting braxton-hicks a few weeks before my due date. The came and went and really didn't stay consistent. About two weeks before my due date they were very regular one night and I thought it was the real thing, but it turned out not to be. Then, a week after that my water broke in the middle of the night, and that is what led to the real thing!! I think whether there is a break really depends on the woman, since every pregnancy is different.
    Danda08

Answer by Danda08 at 6:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2011